Friday, November 19, 2010

New Books!

Today we got our new Sonlight curriculum for Alex. I am soooo excited about it. There are so many fun books. Lot of Usborne books and little fiction chapter books- worksheets and schedules to organize in a big binder (love doing that). It is very exciting.

Alex helped me check all the books with the invoice and started picking out her favorite books that she wants to read. She is really excited and I hope that sticks for a while!

Keith is going to do most of the homeschooling - but I am jealous and might start some this weekend before he has a chance to get his grubby little paws on my cool new curriculum....I mean Alex's cool new...oh who am I kidding. I want them! haha.

We got the core 1 which is for K-2 and ages 6-8. This is our first foray into the world of Homeschooling - but I am really excited about it. We didn't get the math program through Sonlight...I think they use Horizon's - I can't remember. I think we are still discussing Saxon vs Math U See...although I am pretty sure we are leaning toward Math U See for this year at least. Until we make a commitment we will probably just keep on with the Time 4 learning.

I need to head off to bed...it is getting late and this week wore me out!

4 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

We are still working our way through the Newcomer 1 from Sonlight :) Good material! We didn't like the Horizons math...we've started using Singapore and it is a better fit for Tyler. Time4 Learning is a great tool as well. Good luck to you and to Keith.

Michelle said...

Hillary! We had our first day of school today...LOVED IT! I just ordered Math U See...so we shall see! haha.

akopp2003 said...

We are back and forth sort of maybe pondering homeschooling for our daughter and it is great to hear about the programs you guys are using!

Have you heard any news regarding Aarons adoption?

Michelle said...

There is nothing happening in Kyrgyzstan right now. I am pretty sure we won't be able to sneak in as a waiting family so I don't know if it will ever happen. That being said...I was just thinking about it last night because we have started the homestudy process again to be ready if it does open up. We have to fill out forms and get moving on it - so I am glad you asked!
We had told the kids already so Lilianna still asks when Aaron is going to come home etc....awkward!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power