Thursday, December 16, 2010

bits and pieces

I am on call today....the weather has been really crazy lately. School has been cancelled almost every day this week so we are on cabin fever overload. I was post call monday, came home sick on Tuesday, off on Wednesday and am on call today..so I have been home a lot this week too.

Keith and I went out to dinner last night which was totally awesome. My mom watched the kids while we went on a half date night. We haven't had a date night in almost 3 months...this is after we promised ourselves we were going to have one every week! We really, really, really have to find a way to do that. It was nice. We had been saving up our "date night" envelope money so we could go to the hibachi place and it was very tasty. Then we went to praise band practice. Keith used to work the lights at our old church so he is joining up with the sound/light team and went Wednesday night.

It was an intersting practice...I have been very frustrated lately at praise band. I am not really a musician, but I love to play and I really like the songs we are playing but I feel super inadequate. I am hoping that will change now that I know where to get the chord charts and I have figured out I need to practice everything in B and Bflat!

I think we are finally done with our Christmas shopping...although I can't be sure! I DO know that we have pretty much reached that window of things getting shipped here by Christmas.

Not a whole lot else going on. I was just glancing back at the last couple of posts and marvelling at how cute Benjamin is with that fork...and of course, how handsome my husband is. I am one lucky girl.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What the world is school closed for? ALL your kids are pretty darn cute! Kevin saw the pic of Benjamin with the fork just last night and was highly amused.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power