Friday, December 3, 2010

exhausting...

I haven't written a post in almost a week. There is always such a huge to do list that I can never get to the bottom of. In fact, for the last 2 weeks I can't even get to writing my to do list. It is like I am forever engaged in surviving. There are 5 little people who need something all the time. It has settled down a little bit and at times I can manage to get them involved in one activity or at least similar activities in the same room.
I know it will get easier and I will get better at organizing the kids...but for now I am barely holding on!

I know i need to improve my planning and my ability to stay on point with routines. I am working on it and I think it will help the kids remain focussed and organized if I exude organization! haha. Now all I have to do is find my dormant organization/routine gene!

We have our Christmas tree up and the lights on it. We were going to decorate tonight after dinner, but the boys were soooo tired we just watched a movie instead. Tomorrow we are going to decorate and I have to bake some chocolate chip cookies. Tomorrow evening is a parade in Prestonsburg and our church is having an open house with hot chocolate and cookies. I am really looking forward to it. The kids are really looking forward to it too.

The praise band is playing again on Sunday and I have to get some practicing in over the next day or two...I don't know this song as well as I should. it is a great song though - just some tough timing on a part or two.

Christmas spending is like a giant monster of doom stomping through our checking account and leaving a trail of destruction behind it. I love Christmas, but every year the spending is out of control and overall makes my Christmas a lot less enjoyable. I love watching the kids get excited about opening presents they like...but I want my kids to get as excited about things at Christmas that don't involve materialistic things. I definitely have an increasing resentment of stuff and every month and year my disdain for stuff grows. I am working hard to find a way to reconcile my conflicting relationship with stuff because I don't have the option of selling everything I own, filing for bankrupty and moving to Kenya. Although sometimes that is the most appealing option! haha.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

If you do move to Kenya, I know a neurosurgeon there who probably would love an awesome anesthesiologist! Seriously, I get what your saying. Hang in there!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power