Thursday, January 13, 2011

Censorship

A good friend of mine had a very personally relevant post on her blog today (or maybe yesterday!) about how she has been censoring her blog. I have been doing the same thing. I haven't posted anything on my blog in almost 2 weeks because I have been trying to keep a secret at work and I know that there are some people at work who might know where my blog is. That is so unlike me....I am an open book in almost everyway...except for the last month or so.

So I am coming out for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that I LOVE being able to look back at the last 4 years and see what I was thinking or doing...it is my diary/journal....ok something to jog my rapidly aging brain! The seond reason is that I am really excited about my secret.

This is #7 due August 19th.

I have obviously been pregnant before.....twice before, in fact. For some reason I am more excited about this pregancy. For Lilianna and Ben, I was really busy at work/school and I didn't really get worked up or excited about a new little guy growing in my overtired, overworked, body....I was just getting by. Don't get me wrong, I am still overtired...but I have found myself a little pre-occupied by thinking about our new little one.

This was a complete shock...with Lilianna and Ben there was some sort of planning involved...we were trying to have babies. We had already discussed that we were done with babies....we gave away all baby clothes (for those under 2yo), gave away bassinets etc. We were now old people with older children and we were literally months away from being done with diapers.

However, now I am feeling more like a first time mom....weirdly excited about the kind of things i never got excited about before. Oh well...I guess they say ever pregnancy is different. One thing is the same though.....we still don't have an extra room to be a nursery. I will never get to decorate a nursery! oh well. Another baby that gets to sleep in the crib in our room or the pack and play in the living room! I suppose there are always grandkids for that! hahaha.

How I told Keith? I found out on a Sunday and was going to tell him...but he was on a tirade about how overworked he was and how we had too many kids.....ooops poor timing there! So I ran back up to the bathroom to make sure he didn't accidently find the EPT! I waited and on monday, he was still overworked and grumpy...then on Tuesday he was still grumpy. I was beginnig to think that maybe I shouldn't tell him at all and let him figure it out 6 or 7 months down the road. Needless to say, I was a little worried about what his response would be. It was a little teenager-ish. I kept trying to think of a good way to tell him and I couldn't. I figured I better just tell him..so Tuesday night we were in bed and he was almost asleep and I said..."there is something I have been meaning to tell you but there hasn't really been a good time...we're pregnant". He jumped up out of an almost sleep with a great big excited "are you serious?" and he was nothing but excited and happy (phew!). I really did worry about it for days.

My favorite hormone overdrive moment of the pregnancy was when keith said "by the time #7 is out of the house there might be grandkids....when he is 18 O will be 29 and lilianna will be 26" and I totally lost it ...uncontrollable sobbing at thinking about my baby girl being 26 yo...granted she will still be in a booster seat and not allowed to date yet...but she will be 26 haha....

Tomorrow I will be talking about the terrible job I am doing at homeschooling Alex...tune in for the uncensored tale! haha.

7 comments:

Mala said...

WOW!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

So when are you guys going to rekax and take it easy? LOL!

BooBooKisser said...

hahaha this is so funny! You should have known Keith would be over the moon for your newest addition! I know I am :) Can't wait to read tomorrow's maybe it will help me feel a little better at how much I suck at homeschooling D!

TheHappyNeills said...

Congratulations!!!!! :) :) :)

The Last Crusade said...

Aw! Congratulations! Just one away from being the next octo-mom!

algonquinteacher said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news!

Michelle said...

Mala....I don't think I actually know how to relax...but I am going to learn soon!

OneThankfulMom said...

Wow, wow! Congratulations - that is the loveliest of news. Babies are the best.

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power