Monday, January 17, 2011

Now we're rocking...

We officially started our Rockin Mama challenge this afternoon...I was just too tired last night once I got everyone else off to bed.
We ended up spending more like 25 minutes and even though my mom had suggested some great topics for us...mostly she told me a story about Her and Lilianna being super heroes and a dream she had last night...which was really kind of a free form story she was making up as she went. It was a great story though.
It was a really nice and calm time. I really enjoyed it...with all of the hustle and bustle around our house it is rare to just get 25 minutes of quiet to converse with the older kids and not have it peppered with screaming at a 2 y old in another room!
Church was a great time for Alex and I also. Keith was out of town this weekend so it was just Alex and I in the adult church and she sat on my lap for a while before church started...we got there early. In fact, we got everywhere early this weekend with Keith out of town...mmmm....I'm just saying. haha.
I am looking forward to tomorrow...it will be hard because I am on call...so we might miss.
Alex also did great on her school work this weekend...she spent all day on Saturday doing Time4Learning and doing very well...obviously trying. She had some confusion on one lesson about prepositions what above, below, beside mean...that kind of thing but in her defence some of the questions were confusing!
Zoe is going to start school later this week....we put her on the waiting list on Friday and there were 4 people ahead of her on the list. We figured it would take months...today, the director said we could start her...2 kids moved up and 2 people pulled their names off the list so she is in. We were a little surprised and caught off guard with some immunizations still to catch up on! OOPS. So shots for our little pumpking tomorrow!
I am now off to bed because I am worn out!

1 comment:

A. Gillispie said...

I don't know about you, but it seems like as soon as I get discouraged about one of my kids' "issues" they bless me with a few extra good days. Or rather, God blesses me! I'm so glad Alex has had a good few days!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power