Friday, March 25, 2011

1000 gifts

It has been a long time since I have posted anything...I have been really busy. instead of spending time online I have been reading books....a novel idea I know (no pun intended!)

I recently read a book by Ann Vokscamp called 1000 gifts. It started out slow...lots of flowery verbose imagery....which I kind of find annoying...it is just not my thing to read a 2 paragraph description on her moms uterus ejecting her into the world. However, the narrative is really her personal journey to peace with God when bad things happen. it is a reminder that there are so many things to be grateful for and joy and happiness can be found in your life if you take the time to remind yourself of all the gifts in your life.

it is human nature to be grumpy and complaining. It is hard to remind yourself of all the things you have to be grateful for...it is much easier to complain about what broke, about what you didn't get etc.

It certainly has reminded me to take the time to literally count my blessings......try it every morning it will make your day a little more joyous!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power