Friday, May 20, 2011

Faking it...

Ever have one of those moments where you feel like you are still a kid and faking being a grown-up?

I totally had one of those moments after I started Alvin and the Chipmunks for the kids and popped some popcorn. I was walking to the drink fridge and had that moment.

I spent most of my 20's feeling that way, but I haven't had that kind of moment in a long time!

Today is the last day of my vacation and it is the first day in 2 weeks that it hasn't been rainy and cold. I picked up the kids from school and we played outside. The pool people made it to our house last night around 6pm to open our pool..so our pool is officially open and it looks sooooooo inviting. Well the pool part at least. We are still in the process of clearing out the insane overgrowth around the pool - Keith cut down a ton of trees and brush around the pool, but there is some more refining to be done....all the crazy ground covering juniper and cactuses (cacti?). Why exactly they planted cactus around a pool is beyond me! I might take the kids out tomorrow to play and clean up around the pool. We never actually cleaned out the pool house last year and it may be missing part of a wall in the back where the pump goes into it! haha. It is a mess. We might clean up around the pool house if it is not inundated with wasps...I don't do stingy things!

Pumpkin (one of our 6 cats) joined us outside today...he brought down a little squirrel to play with so he could hang out and play with us. Then a little bit later we rescued (for the time being) a chipmunk from one of our other cats. Hence the big push by Zeb to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks. Wednesday night Keith and I came home to Jeb (another one of our cats) eating a bunny. A BUNNY! I didn't even know cats ate bunnies. I was very disturbed. Anyway...this summer our little predators are in full swing. This is their first Spring/Summer...they are young and apparently they are going to keep our rodent and bunny population down. I hope they take out frogs too...because I hated having frogs in our pool last year.

For Mother's day, Keith and the kids got me a new Purple Martin Bird house. We have one in the front yard and they bought me a new one that Keith put up in the side yard and it appears that some of the puple martins have moved in over there at the new pad. Hopefully the cats don't take out the purple martins!

So here is the evidence that I am actually a grown up:
1. I am excited about puple martins moving into a bird house I got for mother's day
2. I am excited about cleaning out a pool house
3. wrinkles, gray hair and maternity clothes..haha
4. I am getting ready to balance my checkbook and that oughtta do it
5. I got the room assignments for work on monday...bummer! I do LOVE my job...but I could really groove on staying home a little bit longer!

Pictures must be taken this weekend for postplacements so maybe I will get some of the pool house and puple martins. Then in like 6 months I will get around to posting them..haha!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power