Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where have I been!?

I have been really busy and really exhausted! Work has been very time consuming lately I must say. It is almost like a real job..haha. Seriously, I have been working and I have been staying up too late...way too late trying to get things done around the house.

I haven't gotten a whole lot of stuff done, but things have definitely been looking up on the house front. It has been really frustrating to have not really had the time or money to complete any of the projects around the house that we have been trying to do. We wanted to build a giant playground in the backyard...Keith has been making the plans for it for like 2 years and we have been purchasing the toys for like 2 years. We still have all the slides, swings...everything in the stable ready to be built...but we can't afford to prep the land in the back yard. We tore down a big patio thing-y, but there is cement underneath that needs to be jackhammered and hauled off and then the ground has to be levelled. It is so frustrating that we are ending the second summer of not being able to afford to build the playground for the kids. UGGGG!!!! We found a contractor that will do the jackhammer, removal and levelling thing...but we can't come up with the piddly amount of money it will take...they are also going to take some of our old furniture as payment...but we still can't come with it....so frustrating.

We have been trying to spend more time in the pool, because it is such good family time. It has been fairly cold around here at night though so the water is COOOOOOOLLLD. We wanted to put a heater in the pool and last year we decided we would do it this year....no such luck. So our pool is still freezing and we still can't afford a heater. I am still hoping that we will be able to pull off the playground...but I have no hope whatsoever that we will be able to eek out the heater in any way shape or form. Of course, these are things that I want..but I want them because I think it would be so nice for the kids and every year that goes by I just get more frustrated at myself for having gotten us into this stupid financial mess! UGGGGG!
Please don't get me wrong, we are choosing to spend our money paying off bills and other adoption related type things and we are happy with our choices it just gets frustrating to keep pushing these longstanding goals to the back of the line!

We have been able to get some things done though, we were finally able to get all of the crazy, overgrown brush around the house and pool taken down - which is super fabulous. We may be able to afford to actually buy some smooth white stones to fill up the beds around the pool and some black or red ones around the house...that would be really nice.

This weekend we are going to powerwash the weird 1970's cemented pebbly deck around the pool and totally empty the pool house and powerwash that baby so we can try to use it a little bit. There is a covered wood deck out there with a big brick charcoal grill thing (filled with plants and empty bottles and planters) that we are going to try to clean up too. So maybe after this weekend I feel a lot better about our home projects.

I have been pretty good at keeping up with the laundry, although I was on call last night and got a little bit behind when I slept all afternoon instead of doing yesterday's laundry! haha! It was a great nap! We cleaned a little bit today and actually vaccumed and steam cleaned 2 rooms downstairs....it is a miracle! haha.

Lilianna has been at dance camp all week and hasn't gotten in trouble yet...yeah! Tomorrow is a little recital that I will, of course, miss. Keith is going to record it with our 8 year old Hi-8 sony recorder...it is so outdated...haha...kind of like me! I am so glad we have it though because it is the difference between Lilianna being upset about me not being there and excited that we can watch her recital anytime we want. hurrah!

We have been working the Financial Peace U/Dave Ramsay thing since about October and we are slowly making progress...but it is sooo frustrating. We are about to start our kids on a "commission chart". So the kids are going to have to work to earn money. Lilianna has been doing adhoc chores around the house on a pay per chore basis trying to earn enough money to replace the computer she accidently broke so she has been really on the ball earning money. We are going to start a new chart system over the weekend - I am excited to see how it works.

Is this the longest post ever? maybe

Had an ultrasound today for measuring, weight estimates etc. She has a lot of hair and weighs about 4lbs, 10 oz...already bigger than Benjamin when he was born. She looks just like Ben...it is hysterical. Her head is huge too...it is measuring at 35w6 days and her femur is measuring at 32 weeks..haha. We are 33w0 today officially.

Now...I am off to fold 3 loads of laundry and try to get some sleep...the extra 25lbs makes it awful hard to get comfy at night and fall asleep...even though I steal every single pillow on the bed!

1 comment:

Tapsalteerie said...

I remember when I got to the "steal every pillow" (in the house) stage when I was pregnant with Sophie... some mornings I woke up with Jim scrunched up as an extra pillow too... he tolerated so much during that time ;)

Totally feeling you with the financial strain... we've got crazy going on here with the "farm hand" breaking everything in sight. Sigh... we'll get thru it somehow ;)

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power