Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Yes, today is thanksgiving.  I tried to write 5 things I am thankful for everyday of the month...but I failed miserably!  Oh well...there are at least 5 times a day I find myself giving thanks for something.  I just forgot to write them all down.  There is probably a lot of repeaters though.  I am so thankful for my husband like multiple times a day.  He is just so darn amazing.  He can fix just about anything and just does projects around the house.  Today he decided to put up the Christmas decorations by our side door - we didn't put them up last year.  They look super.
OK..this is probably a silly thing to be thankful for....but Keith changes the light bulbs.  When one goes out....he just changes it.  It is almost like magic...it doesn't matter if the light bulb is easy to get to, hard to get to...whether the bulbs haven't been manufactured in 20 years...he just changes them. 
He does the dishes...big dishes, small dishes, caked on dishes, pots, pans, cake pans etc...they just get clean. 
He spends all day almost every day with 2 three year olds, a 4 month old and an over the top unregulated 8 year old - he takes them to appointments, he gets everyone up in the morning, they get breakfast and he even makes lunches and snacks for Zeb and Alex to take to school.  On days when I have to fill in....it is a hungry day indeed haha...kids eat but not as well as when dad is home. 
Of course I am thankful for other things in my life....I LOVE my house..well at least my yard.  There is so much room for my kids to run around and play outside...I LOVE it.  Today was a beautiful day...a little bit muddy...but the weather was awesome and I got to see the kids running around outside.  Violet got to stroll or be strolled as the case may be for hours outside and I know she loved it! 
I really, really like my job.  Yes there are things that I don't like...but mostly it is really great.  I like the people I work with and that is something I haven't been able to say about a lot of the jobs I have had! 
I love my kids and I feel so lucky to have them...all of them.  Some may be more challenging than others in many ways but I am so gratefull to have them.  I also feel really lucky to be working on bringing Aaron home.  Who knows how long it will take, how much it will cost or when we will be able to get it done.  Who knows what kind of challenges we will face when he gets home, but I am really gratefull to have the chance to start thinking about it and to dare to start thinking about our family of gasp....10. 
I have plenty to be thankful for.

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power