Friday, February 10, 2012

One little thing

I am not very tech savvy. At the Charlotte airport I was using this iPad...then I walked to another terminal and tried to log back on. I couldn't get it to work. I tried to do some very minor troubleshooting, but it still never worked. so I spent the entire last 4 hours of my traveling hoping that I didn't break the iPad and that I would be able to get on the Internet at the hotel. My Internet browsing depended on everything working like it was supposed to with any intervention from me! Why this story....because every part of my life is like that. I don't really have any control over it. I am pretty sure every person in the world teeters on the edge of controlling their lives. Seriously, there are a million things everyday that can derail the little engine that is your life and plans: bad health news, accidents to you or your family, even something as small as a decision made by someone else. Things happen that change your plans and that can make your once important plans seem so small and ridiculous. For me, remembering daily that everyday could be the last day really helps me to appreciate everything. Not in a pessimistic kind of anxiety-ridden way...but in a joyful, appreciation kind of way. I always say goodbye to my kids with big hugs when I leave the house, I make a concerted effort to remember the hugs and remember them in a really intense almost physical kind of way in case that is the last hug I will get. At night I purposefully close my eyes, relish and memorize the way my husband feels holding me. I thank God every time I hug Keith or one of my babies....literally, because I know in a second things could change....just like my ability to get on the internet at the Charlotte airport...and there is really nothing you can do about it....even if you try to tell yourself you have control over it. I like to frequently remind myself what is really important and who is really in control. I am a really lucky girl and a really grateful girl...even if I couldn't get back on the Internet! Thank you God for all of the blessings you have heaped on me!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power