Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Busy week

My job has kicked my butt this week.  I have probably worked more hours this week than I have in a long time and it is only Wed, or Thursday...ok I think it is Wed! haha.  We finally found someone to help with the kids 2 -3 days a week.  She started yesterday and it seems to have worked out ok.  I am cautiously optimistic.  She is really just a mother's helper/babysitter.  She is keeping the kids distracted while Keith gets to do some projects, spend one on one time with kids and runs errands etc.  She is also cleaning up after the kids and helping with lunch.

She comes back tomorrow for her second day.  She will be here 3 days next week because...drum roll please....Keith and I are going out of town together without any kids for 3 whole days and a half of another day..haha.  I am going to a conference at Disneyworld and keith is coming with me.  I will let you in on a secret.  We have never gone on a vacation by ourselves that didn't involve meeting new children or bringing them home.  We did go to Asheville, NC for a weekend last year when I was about 4 months pregnant with Violet so I am pretty sure that doesn't count!  I keep teasing Keith that we will probably end up completing a domestic adoption next week while we are in Florida....haha.  We are not looking, but if blessed we are paper ready....haha!

We are leaving Easter Sunday and driving up to Charleston, WV because our flight leaves super early on Monday and we will get to Orlando at 1030.  I have check in for my conference on Monday, but no workshop until Tuesday.  Keith says he can't wait to actually go to the bathroom by himself without the pitter patter of little feet trailing behind him.  I wish he were looking forward to spending time with me...but really how can I compete with a solo trip to the bathroom!  When I grow up I am going to redo my bathroom with a big jacuzzi bath tub and doors with locks...maybe those giant bars that you lower down across the door like they had in castles. 

Of course, since I weigh 10 pounds more than before I was pregnant with Violet I have nothing to wear at Disneyworld except scrubs.  It is a good thing my overwhelming exhaustion has completely killed my vanity!

Tonight was an interesting night at home. Keith went to church to help install some lights and the kids and I hung at home.  I made some dinner - then, instead of bringing everyone down to the media room and watching a movie, I split everyone up.  Benjamin and Zoe watched a preschool prep video on letters (which Zoe is totally rocking on!), Zeb did some before and after (I write out a sequence of numbers and leave blanks and he has to fill in the blanks), Alex played her DS , and Lilianna read a cool Usborne history book to Violet in the reading room.  I folded laundry and there was quiet in the house...it was weird.  Usually we try to direct everyone to the same place so we can supervise...but keeping them separate tonight worked really well.
Another thing that has been pretty new around the house is my dictatorial cleaning demands.  Before dinner I summarily demand that the kids clean up their playroom and their bedrooms before they get dinner.  I know it is mean..but darn if they don't clean up that big old mess.  Woo hoo.

The amazing playground of fabulousness is almost done too...I can't wait to take pictures and post them.  Keith is a total playground building genius.  Seriously, y'all have got to see this playground..I can't wait until it is done.  Oooh...we also opened our pool today.  The pool guys came and pulled off the cover...there were a ton of dead frogs all laying belly up on the bottom and a GIANT salamandar in the deep end all belly up.  There was also a mating pair of frogs with a trail of eggs ...like a 6 foot trail of eggs..it was a little bit disturbing.  We don't have a heater or anything so it will literally be months before we can swim (I want a pool heater soooo bad...maybe next year!), but I dooo love to look out the window and see the water swirling around in the pool.  Maybe we will get the big hammock up on the playgound and I can lay there and watch the kids play and watch the swirling pool at the same time.

I am rambling...it is what I do.

PS.....Life is so good and I am super grateful for all of the awesomeness in my life!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

It all sounds fantastic - you are sooo supermom! I'm thinking a Kentucky vacation this year, as soon as it's warm enough to use the pool, of course!

Shea Black said...

I love your rambling updates... makes me feel more normal when my posts go on a tangent :)

Ryan the Girl said...

Oooh. Have so much fun at Disneyworld! I keep looking for conferences there, but haven't found anything that works with my schedule yet.

Are you guys gonna actually go to the parks by yourselves? You should take pictures and make a slideshow for the kids when you get home ("Here are Daddy and I meeting Cinderella. Here we are getting ready to ride the teacups. Here we are at an awesome character breakfast! Etc.).

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power