Sunday, April 15, 2012

A vacation

So we went to a conference last week...and yes it was in Disneyworld.  We didn't tell the kids we were going to Disney...we just said out of town.  It was breaking my heart to not bring them to disneyworld and i don't know if I could have stood going without them if they had known and been so sad and disappointed that they didn't get to go.  However, Mickey will be glad to hear that it strengthened our resolve to get our family to Disneyworld in the next year!  We kept seeing things that one of the kids would have loved...it was getting a little tiresome to have to say....OMG Ben would freak out...or something to that effect.
We also did a lot of talking about things....imagine....we don't really have time to talk with the baby ..you know...demanding attention every minute! 
Another agency opened in Kyrgyzstan...so with excitement and hope I called to talk to them about their program...another $21K not including travel and 30 days in country...ummm....can't happen.  So one of the things we processed during our trip was the permanent loss of our dream to bring Aaron home.   This just isn't a country whose new international adoption program falls into the doable column for our family.
I thought about whether I wanted to ambush Keith with another country's program or if I wanted to wait until Violet is a year old and then ambush him....we will have been married 5 years then and China special needs could be doable then....of course, I decided no or I wouldn't be typing it here..haha.  Seriously though I couldn't ever keep any kind of secret like that!
So just like that...our super awesome family is complete. 
That being said...I saw a video today for fainting goats...now that is an idea.

Violet is sitting up, crawling and has her dad wrapped around her finger.  She is totally loving the new playground and the baby swing.  Everyone is loving the new playground and I have got to take a picture and post it...because it is amazing.

I am not sure if I posted this already..but Zoe has been completely potty trained for like a month and it totally rocks!  Ben is still refusing to potty train.  oh well, you can't control what comes out or goes into someone so I am not too worried about it.  Ben's stubborn hard headedness is driving Keith crazy...mostly because Ben is Keith 37 years ago...of that I am sure!

Zebby is a trainwreck everywhere he goes because he is a size 3 kid in a size 6 body..just throwing himself all over the place and tripping over his own lanky legs.  It has gotten to the point this week when I started to worry that maybe he has some sort of degenerative neuromuscular disease...but I am pretty sure his coordination is just not keepign up with his growing.  I may get an ot consult just to calm any nagging concerns i have though.

Lil rocks.  I need to get her started with some singing lessons though. I have a homeschool post brewing soon!

Alex ...well that is a whole different post! 

Sisterlocks....who has em?  I have been looking into getting them for Zoe...all hair care is like some form of torture for her and my heart just can't take it.  Looks like the closest licensed consultant to me is in Greenville, SC....ROAD TRIP!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power