Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nothing really new

Well, it has certainly been a long time since I posted anything.  Lets see, what has happened in the last month?  Alex had her birthday..which went really well.  She was excited about all of her presents and I made a castle birthday cake for a beauty and the beast theme.  Lilianna went to camp.  We send her to Camp Crestridge, which is in Ashville, NC in the Lifeway complex there.  She LOVES it.  It is one of those camps I wish I could have gone to as a child.  We decided to send Alex to the one week session in August at Camp Crestridge instead of the week at 4h camp.  She is going to go next week and she is really excited about it. 
Yesterday was Lilianna's birthday, she went to her dad's on Sunday for 3 weeks.  We are going to have a swimming party when she gets back..I am going to invite all of her girl scout friends.  I met Lily's dad on Sunday in Chattanooga and Lily and I had about 2 hours to hang out at the Mall.  We have been doing a chore chart with commissions a la Dave Ramsey and she has about 50 dollars in her spend and save so I let her do some shopping and spend her money.  It was amazing how quickly she was able to do math when it involved determining what she could buy! haha.  She bought a leg indiana jones video game and a dress and futon for her stuffed hippo at build a bear workshop.  She is such an awesome little girl.  All my kids totally rock.  I really liked spend some alone time with her. 
We hired a new babysitter and i am hoping that with a new babysitter I can start spending more one on one time with each of the kids. 
Tomorrow is a trip to Cincinatti children's hospital with Benjamin for his eye.  We have been patching it everyday for 2 hours a day with some of the coolest eye patches.  Hopefully things have corrected ok.  He still looses it with eye when he is tired.  It will be a nice trip.  We have to leave at 4am...yikes.  This is where I would say...we can go to starbucks and out to lunch but I started a new diet and I am not sure I am going to cheat tomorrow...i probably shouldn't but it's starbucks!
On monday, I started jenny craig....the food isn't nearly as terrible as I thought it would be!  Actually, it is pretty good.  I have been surprised.  I am kind of a picky (and unhealthy) eater, but I have enjoyed everything so far.  The hardest part is that I am used to grazing all day long - especially at home.  It is very hard to not finish off Ben's uneated cinammon toast...ugg!  Probably just cutting out the grazing would be enough to lose the 18 pounds i need to lose...but oh well.  The food is really convenient for taking to work and I have to go out of town next week for locums so that will be easy to use there too.
I really am going to post some pictures...really!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power