Friday, August 24, 2012

Such a lucky duck

That is me.....a lucky duck. I am human, so there are times when I might feel overwhelmed and feel like complaining....who me?!

I am so lucky. As of this Sunday, I will have been married to my husband for 5 years. He has changed my life. Seriously. I was happy before I met him, I loved my job, my daughter - I was in the process of adopting Zeb. I had it all....everything I wanted. I was tired, but I was happier than I had been in years. I distinctly remember driving home from work one evening...late...and thinking to myself how happy I was!

Ha...I laugh at that happiness now - I had no idea what "happy" really means.

My children totally rock.....yeah they each have their own idiosyncrasies, but I can't believe how lucky I am to have such awesome kids. I am not sure why everyone doesn't want to have 7 or 8 kids. It is so much fun watching them turn into little people. There is disappointment, heartbreak, exhaustion and joy. The things that are easy are not the things that define you and are not the things that become important to you...at least to me!

I am just so grateful that I have my husband and children. I am so lucky and many times feel like I won some sort of abundant life lottery!

Sometimes I just want to scream Thank You at the top of my lungs and acknowledge that I have been blessed and I am so grateful to God for this life....but I will pray and blog instead!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power