Saturday, September 1, 2012

40yo

Today I turned 40...wow.  I had to work - I was on call.  Work has been kicking my butt lately..this week has sucked.  Violet has been keeping us up all night and all day...I feel about 100yo.

The kids were soooo excited that it was my birthday.  They worked on songs and dances to perform for me all day.  They colored me presents and crafted dolls out of papertowels, markers and rubberbands.  They are so sweet.  A little over the top with their energy level and excitement about the whole thing. 

The kids also helped Keith back and frost a 4 layer butter cake with chocolate frosting....yumm.  Zeb ate his ginormous 4 layer piece and said..."I don't like cake anymore...my stomach hurts"  it was kind of hilarious.  This was after he ate 3 hotdogs...he may blow up tonight!

I need a week of vacation to just sleep in and let Keith sleep in...he is more worn out than me...he is much older than me after all...hahahhahahha (one year!)

Life is good....and 40 is the new 30.

1 comment:

Shea Black said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a very busy and full day!!

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power