Tuesday, December 25, 2012

vacation

I don't have any time or pictures to upload...but I wish I would have at least posted everyday while we were at Disneyworld...so that in 30 years when I am senile I can relive the fun!

My parents had to cancel at the last minute so 9 of us left the house at 5am on Dec 1st in the bus to head down to pick up O and then on to Disneyworld.  The kids did so good.  we had dvd players for everyone..attached to the seats with some clever little hanging devices Keith made.  Violet watched colors all the way down there ...the preschool prep series not the terrible Ice-T cop movie from the 80's..haha.

I was amazed at how much stuff we had to bring for 10 people for 7 days..thank goodness we were staying someplace with a washer and dryer...I only packed 2 long sleeve shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shorts 5 undies and 5 pairs of socks for everyone.  Even on vacation I had to still do 2 loads of laundry a day...oh well!

We got to Birmingham and picked up O around 1130.  We stopped at Chick Fil A....LOVE that place.  We went in so the kids could run around the play area.  They all behaved so well...I was very proud of them.  We hit the road around noon.

We stopped an hour away from Disneyworld and got 3 hotel room.  I took Violet into one room because she was a loud blubbering mess after having slept most of the way in the bus...she wanted nothing to do with sleeping.  We checked in just before midnight.  We got up around 930 hit the continental buffet changed into our first set of matching "Byrne-Cox" team jerseys and drove on into disneyworld. 

We registered at the Animal Kingdom lodge...got some lunch and had everyone take a nap.  We went for our first evening to the Magic Kingdom.

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power