Monday, January 7, 2013

Reminder of sad

For some reason, the last couple of weeks, Zeb has been asking about Aaron.  I have carefully explained that Aaron won't be coming home to our family because of problems we don't have any control over.  Regardless, Zeb has been asking to see pictures of him.  So, I showed him some of the pictures I have on the computer.

One of the pictures I pulled up was from 2008....a picture that was taken when Aaron recieved our first care package that had some toys and a stuffed animal with our family picture on a little frame that the stuffed animal was holding.  The picture is him holding a ball and a woman pointing at the picture talking to him.

Whenever I see that picture I always wonder what the woman is saying as she is pointing to our picture.  I pray...literally pray that she is not saying anything about us being his new family or anything that would have giving this little 5yo hope that could have been crushed in the lat 4 years.

If the world were fair, he would have been home before he turned 6yo.  As we all know, there is nothing fair in life. 

To be honest, I rarely think of Aaron.  I never actually met him, and I worked hard with all of our adoptions to try to not get too emotionally attached to referral pictures...you just don't know what is going to happen in international adoption.  But this one picture, the picture of him looking at our family picture....it really breaks my heart. 

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power