Friday, March 8, 2013

monthly update?

I have been a little sick the last 2 weeks....I have been working night shift and every night I feel so terrible I am pretty sure I am going to die in the call room and noone would find me for days. Thankfully, that hasn't happened. I have one more night.  I am going to make it! woohoo

Keith is out of town today picking up more playground equipment and then we are on money lockdown. 

Lily pretty much got the week off of school because I was too sick to even put her schoolwork together for this week.  I warned her we were going to have to push hard next week, I don't think she is going to be very happy next week! haha.

I have been looking for some testing sites for Lilianna to do some testing at the end of the year.  I am not sure if anyone at all reads my blog anymore...since I only haphazardly post once a month...but if there are any homeschool mommies out there that have some sort of standardized testing regimen they do on their own...I would love to hear about it.  I could take Lil to the BJU testing center.  I am thinking about doing it for her to start getting experience taking real standardized tests.   I mean, if she is going to get kicked out of a testing center we should probably do it before SAT's and ACT's!

Keith had a cubscout sleepover at our house on Fri night.  I had to sneak out in the middle of the night to go the er because I felt so terrible.  It was a great time!  haha.  Seriously, I think the kids all had fun.  I wish I could have helped out more..but I was sick!  One of the families there was a homeschooling family...apparently not by choice.  They had just started so I was very excited...probably too excited to answer questions they had and offer things I had seen in my last 3 years of homeschooling. 

This last week we decided to try emeals.  We ended up spending our entire monthly grocery budget on one weeks worth of meals.  I guess we must eat like college students.  I couldn't believe how much money we spent on one week.  The up side is that the recipes have all been really good.  I think we might drop out the side dishes and only make the main dishes and add in some cheap rice and noodles.  All of the reviews were like "we saved ton of money"...I can't imagine what they were eating before?

1 comment:

The Last Crusade said...

I've been trying to figure out where to get my kids tested to. BJU has a testing place? Like, in Greenville?

Amish Paradise

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power