Friday, May 24, 2013

Sew....what's new...

 It has been so long since I put a picture on my blog I don't even know how to do it!

I got a sewing machine for mother's day.  It has literally been 15 years since I have sewn anything.  The last thing I made was a halter top out of dukes of hazard sheets I bought at Thrift City (what's up NOLA!)

No, I don't have a picture of that halter top...but I wish I did!

This week I was out of town and I brought my new sewing machine and a book of projects....meet my first project...I call it polka dot shoulder tote with striped lining....ooh it could be reversible too, I suppose! haha.

I wanted to find some sewing projects I could figure out and then do projects with the kids. 






I was starting to get worried the first night when it took me almost 2 hours to remember how to load up my bobbin and thread the machine...but I think it turned out ok!

Totes, pillows, stuffed animals and wrap around skirts here I come...

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power