Friday, May 23, 2014

Our last day in Shiajiazhuang

 We started the day with some delicious starchy breakfast at the hotel and then headed up to the table tennis room.  Han has some fancy moves despite the fact that his vision is waaaaay worse than I thought it was going to be.  I wasn't keeping track of the points but I am pretty sure that Han won! 
After Ping-Pong we packed up and headed out.  This is the picture of the Shiajiazhaung Railroad station.  It is very new and very huge.  I was impressed.
 Once we got back to Beijing we checked back into the Dynasty Sunworld Hotel.  The room was so much smaller than the hotel at Shiajiazhuang that we literally couldn't find room for our luggage!  After we found aplace for our luggage we headed for the noodle house.  Right next door to the hotel, delicious, and super cheap!
Tomorrow morning we head to Tiananmen square and the Forbidden City.  I am going to do some fast research on what we are going to see tomorrow so I can get the most out of our sightseeing adventure.  I have come to one big conclusion...I am not a big city girl.  I dislike smog and traffic. 

Han is doing really well.  He loves to talk and talks nonstop with our CCAI rep when he is with us.  He is a little resistant to speaking English.  I suspect he understands more than he lets on...he just doen't want to try to speak it because lets face it....it is a hard language! 

His vision is sooo bad he has to hold things way up to his eyes to see and he holds it above his eyes...like at the level of his forehead to try to focus on it.  He has such a good disposition.

I remember when we adopted Zeb and even the girls.  When we picked them all up and travelled home it was lots of eating and lots of sleeping for them.  He is the exact same way.  I don't think he is nutritionally deficient...I think he is just a teenage boy.  Despite him being older than our other kids...he is sleeping a lot.  I think it is a response to the stress of all this change.  I find it very interesting. 

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power