Saturday, May 24, 2014

The evolution of pictures

I have followed along with many an adoption blogs in my time...maybe hundreds.  There is something in the evolution of the pictures of the kids.  The gotcha day and the first couple of weeks of pictures most of the kids have the same kind of dazed look.  Then slowly, the children blossom into smiley family kids. 

As I was looking though our pictures today, I realized that Han totally has that look.  He is trying so hard to take care of us and be a good son, but he is really a scared little boy under so much stress.  I remember our previous adoptions, the kids slept a lot.  Most of the pick up trips were literally scoop and fly home trips and the kids slept almost the entire way home...hours and hours.  Han has been sleeping almost nonstop.  Naps, early bed times.  Even though he is almost 14yo, he is just like the little kids in so many ways. 

Of course, there are a lot of ways he is a teenager too.  I have been hit so many times today by things that remind me that even at 14yo...kids are still just kids!

I can't wait to get home and start the hard work and start getting to that silly, happy little boy that I know is in there.  Oh yeah and start working on manners...egads the slurping up of things right off of his plate is going to make me crazy in the next 2 weeks!

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power