Friday, June 6, 2014

Visa's

We have visa's and sealed visa packets in our hot little hands.  We have had a great couple of days here in Guangzhou.  We took a very long walk yesterday to the Memorial hall about 8 blocks away and stopped at a Subway sandwhich shop on the way back.  It was a very interesting walk which involved Keith pushing Ulysses' wheelchair up a flight of stairs to cross the street.

Today we walked over to a local park which was huge and was bustling with activity.  It was quite a workout for Keith who again had to carry U in his wheelchair down to the underpass and then back up the millions of stairs!  We actually managed to take some more pictures of the park...we are the worlds worst picture takers...I am sure I mentioned that before!

We finished all of our souvenir shopping and everything is staring at me to pack up.  We came over with a small carry on suitcase and 2 checked suitcases.  One of those had a third suitcase packed inside it.  I thought we might need an extra suitcase for souvenirs.  When we arrived in Guangzhou our rep asked if we did a lot of international travel because we packed so light...he was impressed with how low maintenance we were..haha. 

Tomorrow we fly from Guangzhou to Beijing and we have to collect all of our luggage, change terminals and check in for our international flight.  I wish that I would have made the reservation with Delta from GZ all the way home...we wouldn't have to pick up our luggage...darn it!  In order to simplify things I am going to try to pack everything into 2 bags...we will see how that goes.

I was totally stressed out in the Beijing airport when we flew from Beijing to Hefei...the security checkpoint was really stressful and poorly organized.  I am not looking forward to going through it again and this time with a wheelchair.  At least we are almost broke this time so we don't have to stress about where our money belts were taken to! haha.

I am soooo glad to be heading home.  I am pretty sure that I gained like 20 pounds of noodles, rice and fast food while I have been here.  I can't wait to go on a diet...that is pretty sad!

One more night of fast food and one more day of airline food (which has been remarkably delicious).

Only 12 more hours and 15 minutes until we leave for the airport.

No comments:

Karyn Purvis Insights and Gifts - sharing power